1. What is included in the developer type license?With the Developer License, you are granted a perpetual license of Highcharts, including:
- Use in internal projects, unlimited mobile applications, websites, and in one web- or SaaS-application;
- 12 months of Advantage: new releases of the software and access to our premiere support features;
- Official Highcharts wrappers, add-ons and frameworks;
- Export Server;
- Accessibility support and more.
2. How do you define a developer?
Developer shall mean any person who will be working with the API and/or source code of our software in any capacity, including but not limited to developers, designers, quality assurers and others, who make use of such software in planning-, development-, production- and/or maintenance phases.
3. Who is a content creator?
Content Creator shall mean a person who, without being a developer, is authorized with a commercial license to use or utilize Highcharts to create or modify charts, e.g. by using the Highcharts Editor.
4. What is the difference between the Developer License and the OEM License?
If the project result is hosted on your servers, or servers where you are paying for the usage, you are covered by a Developer License.
The Developer License allows you to have an agreed number of developers install, use and further develop the software with an unlimited number of web applications, intranets (i.e. internal use), and websites and mobile applications, and one SaaS.
When you want to install the project result to user premise, you will need an OEM License. The OEM License allows you to incorporate our software into your own product or service to be further distributed to customer premises.
Please contact us with a description of your project scope to receive a quote for the OEM License.
5. How do you define a customer installation?
A customer installation is a distribution of your product to end user premises. Installations for purposes of testing, development, and demonstration are not included in the installation count. A customer installation does not grant end users developer rights to our software. If this is needed, please let us know. The number of installations will not expire nor recur annually. To add more customer installations to your license, please contact us.
6. I am working on a project as a contract job for my client. Which license is required?
As a contractor, you are covered by your client’s license and allowed to work with our software on their behalf. Your client needs to be the license owner as the project will be served from their premises and controlled by them. If the project is web based, and hosted at your client’s servers, you can purchase a Developer License from our website. You can purchase the license by entering your client's name in the Licensee field at checkout.
7. Can I purchase under a customized license agreement?
8. I completed a purchase through your website, but I have not received your software.
The software is available for download from our website. There is no mandatory license key associated with the software, and no activation is needed. The license is solely a legal document and consists of two parts: The Terms and Conditions and the License Statement. These documents are attached to the order confirmation email you received after the completion of your purchase.
9. Is it possible to upgrade my license?
Yes, you may upgrade your license to include additional:
- Highcharts libraries
- on-premise installations
- licensee products
- years of Advantage
Please refer to your existing license when contacting our sales team for a quote.
10. We purchased a license a while ago, but don't know which license we acquired. What do we do?
Contact us and we will locate the license for you. Please provide as much information as possible associated with the purchase. i.e. license ID, order number, invoice number, License Statement, date of purchase, Licensee name, payer email, case number, etc.
11. Who is "Licensee"
Licensee means the legal entity which will own the license, i.e. company name.
12. Where can I find my License ID?
You can find your License ID stated on the License Statement. The License Statement is sent to the registered email address after your purchase is complete. Use the License ID to identify your license when contacting us.
Channel Partner FAQ
1. Can I purchase through a local partner?
Yes. You can find our trusted Channel Partners here.
2. How do I become an authorized partner for Highsoft?
Please get in touch with our sales team and they will assist you further.
Support and maintenance FAQ
1. How do I renew my license?
Our renewal product is called Advantage and includes new software releases and support. Note that your license is perpetual for the version current at the time of the Advantage expiration, and a renewal is optional. Your Advantage Renewal needs to be consistent with the Highcharts products and developer seats in your existing license, and can be purchased for up to 5 years at a time.
Renew your license through our Advantage sites. If you hold a customized license with us, please get in touch for pricing.
2. What kind of support is included in a license?
All new licenses come with a full year of Advantage. See our support page for a detailed overview.
3. What is included in Advantage?
Advantage gives you access to all new software releases and our extended support offering for the duration of your Advantage term. See our Advantage page for a detailed overview.
4. Is Advantage included in the license?
Yes, 12 months of Advantage are included in your initial purchase of a license. You can also purchase additional years of Advantage upfront and receive a 20% discount on the additional years. For more information about what Advantage includes, please see the previous question.
5. Is Advantage automatically renewed each year?
No, upon expiration of your Advantage term you will get the option to renew for another 12 months or 24 months.
6. I have an older license, can I purchase an Advantage Renewal?
Yes, if you have an older license and want to renew your support or access new versions, you can purchase an Advantage Renewal for your existing license. When purchasing an Advantage Renewal you accept Terms & Conditions 12.0 and will be transferred over to the new license model. Please refer to your License ID if you contact us with questions about renewals.
7. Do you have a demo or trial of your software?
Try before you buy at no cost!
The software itself is available for download from highcharts.com. For testing and demonstration purposes, you can use our software free of charge. There is no license key associated with the software. Once you go live with your product, a commercial license is needed.
8. Can I buy a 10 Developers License of Highcharts, but only upgrade the license for 5 Developers?
This is not possible as Advantage includes access to all new releases and support for your existing license, and the number of developer seats in the Advantage Renewal must correlate with the number of developers your initial License statement.
9. Where can I find my Support Key?
Your support key can be found on your License Statement. The License Statement is issued upon completion of the purchase. The Support Key is used to identify your license and support level upon contacting our Support Team.
10. What is Highcharts' compliance with security standards or practices?
1. What are my payment options?
You are welcome to purchase by credit card or through PayPal. Note that all purchases must be completed through our website. We accept MasterCard, Visa, JCB, Diners Club and American Express. PayPal accepts any credit card. We collaborate with resellers and distributors located worldwide who are happy to assist you in a software purchase from Highsoft. You can also contact our sales team and we will get you in touch with a local partner.
2. I am having problems purchasing with my credit card / PayPal.
Credit card: Your payment may have been rejected by your card issuer. Please contact your card issuer to resolve this.
Since September 2019, Highsoft is a part of the new European Law called PSD2. PSD2 program is going to secure online purchased by having a two-way authentication. All EU countries will be affected by this program. Credit cards that are authenticated with 3-D Secure will also be affected by this even though they are not located in the EU. If you are affected by PSD2 and need a two-way authentication procedure, please contact your bank.
PayPal: PayPal allows you to pay with a credit card without giving financial details. If you are having problems purchasing with PayPal, please contact the PayPal Help Centre.
3. Will I receive an invoice for my purchase?
All orders will come with an invoice regardless of payment method. Order documents are automatically sent to the registered email address.
4. Does your license fee include tax?
No, all prices in our webshop are excluding tax. Please note that we do not charge tax to customers outside Norway, and are not to be subjected to any taxes in your country. Your company is responsible for paying local taxes in your home country related to any order. The license is not valid unless the license fee is paid in full.
5. Can I pay for the license in any currency?
Purchase of standard priced products is available in USD, GBP, EUR and NOK. Select your currency in the upper right-hand corner.
6. What are your delivery methods?
There is no physical delivery of the software. The software is available for download from our website.
1. When can I use the Non-Commercial License?
The Non-Commercial License is offered for:
- governmentally funded schools,
- non-profit organizations,
- students, or
- individuals using the software for personal use, testing and demonstration
This license does not include the commercial usage of Highsoft software by the above-mentioned entities.
2. Can I use the Non-Commercial License for a government website?
Governmental or intergovernmental organizations are not covered by the Non-Commercial License. Contact us for assistance in identifying your license needs.
3. What is included in the Non-Commercial License?
With the Non-Commercial License, you will be entitled to use any of our software products (Highcharts, Stock, Maps or Gantt) for an unlimited number of web applications, websites, intranet and mobile apps, and 1 SaaS. The license allows for up to 5 developers to work on our software.
4. Is the software the same with a Non-Commercial License as with a Commercial License?
Yes, the software is identical. However, the granted rights are different for a Non-Commercial and commercial license. With a commercial license, you can use our software in a commercial company or for commercial activity. With a Non-Commercial license our software cannot be used for commercial activity and you must retain the Highcharts watermark and hyperlink.
5. If I am using the software on a commercial company's intranet, does it require a license?
Yes, the Developer License allows you to install and use the software on a commercial company's intranet.
6. Non-Commercial Redistribution
You are allowed to distribute a Highsoft software product with non-commercial packages given that you fulfill two conditions:
- Emphasize to your users that Highsoft software products are not free for commercial and governmental use. You can do this on your download page or when your users activate a Highsoft software product in your application.
- Provide a link back to www.highcharts.com in the same location.
7. May I use your software under the Non-Commercial License for Open Source Projects?
Although Highsoft's software have open source codes, our software is not licensed as an open source software and is unfortunately not compatible with any open source software license like Apache 2 or any GPL. A commercial license is therefore needed. Please contact our sales team to know your options.
DID YOU NOT FIND ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION?
Contact our Sales team or Support team.